Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

Matt Cutts live. Interview

Philipp Lenssen caught Matt Cutts for a big interview. Check it out, very interesting conversation with one of the most "public" googlers.

For those interested in search engine news, your blog has become a great resource. To my knowledge, it’s the first in which someone from Google actually talks about Google in-depth. How has the blog worked for you so far?

It’s been wild, and I’ve enjoyed it. It’s a really good way to get the word out about some things and answer questions. I didn’t expect it would attract as many comments on the posts though. I wish I had more time to answer every single question, but I have to eke out posts at night and in my spare time already. Overall, it’s good that it provides another channel of communication with webmasters, and I have a better feel for webmasters’ questions and priorities.

So is your Google gadgets blog the “20%” Google gives you for your own projects?

I haven’t done a 20% project since... hmm. That phonetic “soundslike" search demo was a few years ago. I haven’t been using my 20% for the last couple years, but my regular job is pretty interesting, so that’s fine. The blog has mostly happened in my not-so-copious free time: nights and weekends. I’ve been getting less sleep the last 2-3 months. :)

Technorati tags:

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?