Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

Saved searches folders for GMail

Mihai Parparita, a Google employee, created a Firefox extension, that was included into the "Greasymonkey hacks" book. Greasymonkey is an extensible Firefox extension. The extension is for adding "saved searches" folder to Gmail.
I finally received my complimentary copy of Greasemonkey Hacks. I'm also glad to see that my saved searches user script was selected as one of the sample ones. Reading the contributors section was somewhat amusing due to the homogeneity of the entries (e.g. more than half mentioned blogs). The book is also already out of date, with Greasemonkey and Firefox both having undergone major releases. I also doubt the wisdom of printing the full code behind each hack - especially some of the longer ones that were already online. Commentary attached to interesting snippets might have worked better. However, as a whole the book seems very well put together and it brought to attention some scripts I hadn't heard of before.
Original post by Mihai Parparita

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?